On-Premise Application APNs Certificate Renewal
NOTE: This database script has been updated to support all servers with AirWatch installed, regardless of date/formatting settings used.
The APNs certificates that AirWatch uses to communicate with the iOS versions of AirWatch applications are set to expire beginning January 20th, 2016. On this date, these applications will no longer be able to receive on-demand commands or updates from the AirWatch Admin Console. The list of affected applications is as follows:
- AirWatch Agent
- AirWatch Content Locker
- AirWatch Browser
- AirWatch Inbox
- AirWatch Container
- AirWatch Teacher Tools
In order to prevent downtime associated with the iOS versions of AirWatch applications, all On-Premise customers who are utilizing these applications must execute a script on their AirWatch database.
Note: No action is required for AirWatch SaaS customers. This script is supported and should be be run in environments with AirWatch 7.3+.
Please click here to download the database script. If you have any questions about this process or would like assistance, please contact AirWatch Support.
Instructions for running the database script
- Download the database script and copy it onto the database server.
- Double click the .sql file to open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Verify that the active database is set to your AirWatch instance (typically named "AirWatch"). Click Execute.
- Wait a few moments until you see the "Query executed successfully" message.
- You can validate that the certificate has been updated for these applications by navigating in the AirWatch Console to Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > APNs for Applications. This does not require a reboot of the server itself.
Note: The following will show as Expired as they are no longer used.