The AirWatch® team is excited to announce the upcoming release of Content Locker for iOS. This application version will showcase a brand new user interface, significantly enhancing user experience without sacrificing functionality or security.
AirWatch recommends that you prepare for these updates prior to the app’s public availability in the app store. Please review the compatibility considerations, ensure your organization meets the minimum requirements, and prepare your end users to use the new UI. This article will be updated with the release schedule as it is finalized.
Important: iOS end users can download the most recent app version from the store as soon as it is available. AirWatch highly recommends IT administrators prepare their end users internally prior to public availability of the new app.
- iOS 7.0+
- Backwards compatible for the AirWatch Admin Console
- Backwards compatible for the AirWatch Agent and Container
- Compatible with other AirWatch apps
Preparing End Users
Prior to upgrading to the new version of Content Locker for iOS, educate your organization on the changes to come. In doing so, you can expediate app adoption and usage, ultimately contributing to a more productive workforce. Consider communicating the following messages prior to app availability:
- Notification that this upgrade includes a complete UI change
- Reassurance that Content Locker still performs all of the same tasks as before
- Instructions on how to perform familiar tasks in the new UI
Resources offered by AirWatch
The list of resources below offers live links to currently available and distributable AirWatch materials. Use these resources to educate your end users about the new UI so that they can anticipate the pending transition, and adapt as quickly as possible.
Important: Please subscribe to this article, as resources will be updated with links as they become available.
- User Interface Comparison Guide –Review key app functionality, with side-by-side comparisons between the currently available app version, and the upcoming version and/or provide this distributable to your end users as part of your internal preparation.
- Technical Overview Webinar –Sign in and watch a live or recorded session overviewing the app's new UI.
- Email Templates - Customize, rebrand and distribute the provided templates to provide end users official communications about upcoming changes.
- Product Announcement –Subscribe to the Product Announcements forum in MyAirWatch to recieve an email alert as soon as the new app version becomes publically available.
- Editable End User Guide – Customize and rebrand the editable end user guide to distribute instructions that are pertinant to your organization's use cases.
Download Content Locker for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality. Prior to directing your end users to download the app, consider training them on the key differences between the app versions, and providing them with instruction materials on how to use the new UI.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the App Store. Prior to instructing end users to download the app, consider training them about the app and how to use it.
The upcoming version of AirWatch Content Locker for iOS will offer a new, intuitive user experience paired with enterprise-grade security.
- Tutorial Screens – In-app overview of the new design upon first visit
- Home – Access high priority Required, Featured, and Recent content from the default view
- User Hub – Reveal to review Storage Quota, Drafts, and Shared Content, as well as to set individual app preferences
- Repository View – Access My Content and Corporate Content in an aggregated view
- Favorite View – Open a list view of files bookmarked by end users
- Activity Feed – Review recent personal content actions
- Breadcrumbs – Click links to navigate through complex folder structures
- Shared Content – Shows all shared personal content in a list view
- Notifications – Receive and check updates in real time
- Card View – Toggle between card and list view when viewing available content.
- Search – Locate the files without leaving the reader view
- Collaborate – Add comments, use @mention, Folder Share Screen, File Share Screen
- Manage – Utilize bulk or card actions to manage content
- Create – Generate secure documents, media files, folders, and repositories that save within the content locker and not on the device
- Annotate– Edit or annotate files on-the-go
- Save – Save changes as a draft, to personal content, or back to a corporate repository
Support Contact Information
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Account Services & Support or submit a support ticket through myAirWatch.
The AirWatch Team