The AirWatch® team is excited to announce full enrollment and management support for devices running OS X El Capitan today. Additional features and functionality are forthcoming as noted below.
For on-premise environments, you can add OS X El Capitan to the drop-down menus on the setting screens using the El Capitan seed script.
For SaaS environments, no action needs to be taken.
Upcoming Features and Functionality
With El Capitan, Apple introduces several new enterprise features providing even more options for deployment and management of OS X devices. We look forward to delivering these new capabilities to our customers in future releases.
OS X El Capitan support available in AirWatch Admin Console 8.1 FP03
- Enable multiple new restrictions to prevent syncing devices with iCloud to manage the use of iCloud data, to prevent suggestions when using Spotlight functionality, and to prevent the use of Safari AutoFill.
- Enable a new option to prevent end users users from configuring an Apple ID during the initial user login of the device using the Login Window payload.
- Create new proxy configurations and allow for exceptions when pushing a Proxies payload.
Additional new features coming soon
- Device Enrollment Program Support: Leverage new Device Enrollment Program capabilities to create default Administrator accounts on the device with the option to make them hidden from users. Configure the account creation screen to prompt a user to create a Standard User account (without admin privileges). Also, enable options to skip the account creation page and prompt the user to login with their network credentials with the Login Window.
- Volume Purchase Program Support: Use new support for device-based VPP for additional flexibility and to meet requirement for specific use cases. The new device-based license assignment model enables app assignments of public applications to devices without requiring the entry of an Apple ID on the device itself.
Check myAirWatch for updates and new documentation regarding features and functionality as more information becomes available.